Tuesday, May 17, 2011

life is like a pair of converse all-star shoes

I had thoughts of getting older, but it never bother me until my birthday. What came over me, to this day I have no idea, but I locked myself in the closet and cried my sorrows away, I was 13.

I know what your thinking, I must be a disaster now, right! Well, that was 17 years ago and the truth is, I've never looked back, until today. An uneventful trip to our family doctor this morning for a vitamin supplement turned nostalgic. I anticipated something when the doctor eyed me tip to toe, "i see you're are 30? it's time for a full check-up".  Suddenly, my face felt dry and wrinkled and that pain in my back began to proliferate! Of all people, Joseph Pilates (invented Pilates) came to mind, "you're only as old as your spine", or something like that.

Sorry to all my friends that I've been comforting lately during their depressing thoughts about getting older, including my husband who every day tries to find a grey hair! I have no idea why! I REALLY do believe that age has absolutely nothing to do with ANYTHING of importance, but today, the world got the better of me.

Thank goodness apartments in Israel don't have closets and my wardrobe is just a little too packed! I did find my  converse 'all-star' shoes in there though and it occurred to me .... life is like a pair of 'all-star' shoes, the older they get, the better;)






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...